kLorene17

2manybooks2read

Blood of the Lamb: A Novel of Secrets
Sam Cabot
Little Elvises (Junior Bender, #2)
Timothy Hallinan
Cloudland - Joseph Olshan Cloudy with a chance of murder...I'm torn between giving Cloudland a 3.5 - 4. I was compelled to finish it, because I was invested and curious as to the identity of the murderer. Yet by the time "he" was revealed, I felt a little deflated, and I'm not sure why. I found Olshan's writing to be very good...descriptive, evocative and with great imagery...his dialogue and even storytelling, not so much. I imagine it must be difficult to write from the perspective of the other sex, but I think he succeeds quite nicely. I liked Catherine very much...appreciated her candor and self-awareness. I didn't find the other characters to be as fleshed out, particularly Paul, Breck, Prozzo and Matthew. I did, however, like Henrietta and Hiram. Overall, a good read but not sure I would recommend. And I feel bad about that, if it makes sense! I do feel inspired to find my copy of "The Woman in White!" (I read and reviewed "Cloudland" as part of Book Browse's First Impressions program.)